PERSONAL DATA, HOW DO WE OBTAIN THEM
„Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (’data subject”). We may as a minimum collect from you and process the following types of personal data:
- Address (billing and shipping)
- Email address
- IP address
- Telephone number
- Payment information
- Data concerning the use of our website
- User name on social media (e.g. Facebook, Instagram)
We obtain this information, when you purchase products from ArteSana Handmade Designs, when you decide to subscribe to our email newsletters, and when you contact us via social media or email.
We cannot control the information provided by you, therefore it can happen that we receive personal data that we do not need and/or have not requested. In such cases, we consider that this information has been provided in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation. We process personal data according to the applicable data protection legislation, nevertheless, we ask you to provide us information which is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the services provided by ArteSana Handmade Design.
If you provide ArteSana Handmade Design with personal data of other persons, for example data about receiver of a gift, please provide their personal data only if you are allowed to do so and only if the other person would agree to you providing the personal data to us.
WHY DO WE PROCESS THIS INFORMATION
We only process personal data when there is a lawful basis for it, such as:
- to provide services requested by you (performance of a purchase contract);
- to comply with legal obligations to which ArteSana Handmade Designs is subject (in respect of commercial activity, accounting, taxation, etc);
- you give your consent, which can be withdrawn at any time;
for the purpose of the legitimate interest pursued by ArteSana Handmade Designs.
We process information in order to:
- provide you with different products and services of ArteSana Handmade Designs and dealing with the related payment;
- stay in contact with you in order to keep you informed about our store, workshops, new products, special offers, and other updates mainly via email and social media; you can anytime unsubscribe from our email newsletters by clicking on the „unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our newsletter;
- comply with legal obligations;
- for the purpose of promoting ArteSana Handmade Designs, our products and workshops, advertising, and marketing activities.
You may appear in photos or videos taken during workshops you participated, that we use on social media (our webpage, Facebook, Instagram). You may oppose the processing of the images concerning you. To allow us to take the necessary measures to the extent possible, please contact us by using the following email address:
For other purposes, if any, we will ask for your consent.
THRID PARTY PROVIDERS, SHARING OF DATA, DATA TRANSFER
ArteSana Handmade Designs may share/transfer information to third parties, e.g. third party service providers, or public authorities and administration, where it is necessary for the provision of the services you requested, where we have legitimate interest in doing so to, to the extent necessary to allow third parties to perform the services they provide to us, or where required by law. In every case, transmission is adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary for the purpose for which they are provided.
When you place an order with us, your payment details are processed securely by Stripe and Banque Raiffeisen. Your information necessary for shipping/delivery are processed by POST Luxembourg.
WooCommerce and Cloudways help us to make our website work when you visit our online shop. When you subscribe to our newsletter, MailChimp helps us to send you emails no more than once every 2/3 months.
Our third party service providers publish their own privacy policies on their website:
Banque Raiffeisen: https://www.raiffeisen.lu/en/raiffeisen-bank/data-protection
HOW LONG DO WE STORE PERSONAL DATA
We collect and process personal data which is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the provision of our services. In general, we keep your personal information for no longer than it is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is processed. We retain personal information concerning you if there is a legal basis for processing. We retain only the relevant personal information and so long as it is necessary for the purposes for which we process it and for no longer than legally permitted. The actual retention period differs depending on the type of personal data (e.g. accounting and financial documents for 10 years). At the end of the retention period, your personal information will be anonymized or deleted.
Cookies are small files that websites put on your computer, mobile or other device (“PC”) to store information about your preferences. Cookies can improve your browsing experience by allowing sites to remember your preferences or by letting you avoid signing in each time you visit certain sites.
If you do not want sites to store cookies on your PC, you can block cookies. But doing this might prevent some pages from displaying correctly, or you might get a message from a site letting you know that you need to allow cookies to view that site.
As data subject, you have several rights you can exercise under the conditions laid down by the GDPR, such as the right to
- request confirmation as to whether or not personal information concerning you are being processed;
- access to the personal information concerning you;
- request the rectification of inaccurate personal information concerning you and to have incomplete personal data completed;
- request the erasure of the personal information concerning you;
- request the restriction of processing of the personal information concerning you;
- receive the personal information concerning you, which we received from you, and request the transmission of those information to another controller;
- object to processing of personal information concerning you.
HOW TO CONTACT US
We, at ArteSana Handmade Designs, are committed to comply with applicable data protection legislation. If you have a question, or need more information, please contact us by using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO CONTACT THE LUXEMBOURG SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
You also have the right to contact the National Commission for Data Protection and submit a complaint by using their online form which is available on their webpage www.cnpd.lu, or you can send it to the following address:
Commission nationale pour la protection des données
Service des réclamations
15, Boulevard du Jazz
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE